Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- grated rind of one orange (purely optional, if you don’t have one, don’t worry!)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbls cinnamon sugar
- Heat oven to 200CEL.
- Spray a 12 medium-sized muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Sieve flour baking powder, baking soda and caster sugar together into a large bowl.
- In another container beat together the oil, milk, orange rind and juice, eggs and vanilla.
- Mash the banana and stir into the liquid mixture.
- Add wet mixture into the dry ingredients and begin folding together – gently add the blueberries when mixture is about half folded. Remain folding until the mixture is only JUST damp.
- Put about 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until muffins spring back when pressed in the centre.