- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup (2-3) mashed bananas
- Heat oven to 220CEL.
- Spray a 12-medium-size muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- With a fork stir together in a large bowl the flour, caster sugar, chocolate chips and salt.
- In another container mix together the oil, milk, egg and vanilla – beat well.
- Mash and measure the bananas and stir them into the liquid.
- Add all the liquid to the dry ingredients. Fold together carefully until all the flour is dampened – stopping before the mixture is smooth (smooth mixture=tough muffins).
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when pressed in the centre.